RLF 150W Choke (Ballast) for Metal and Sodium Lamps RC150
Metal Halides & Sodium Fittings and Their Uses
Metal Halides are strong chemical compounds between metals and halogens. RLF metal halides have very high melting and boiling points. They are dissolved in water easily and can act as Lewis acids. Some popular halide compounds are bromide, iodide, chloride, and fluoride. RLF metal halides are stable and some of them are volatile and highly reactive as well. The halide compounds are a part of natural and synthetic chemicals. The reaction of halogens and metals give rise to halides. The following equation depicts the formation of halides:
RLF metal halides are used for a variety of applications. Some of the common uses of metal halides are:
- RLF metal halides are used for soldering paste. They also act as important elements in synthetic organic chemistry.
- They are used in metal halide lamps of high intensity in places such as vehicle headlights, stadiums, parking lots, and construction sites. The metal halides provide optimum light for a long duration of time. They are also used as a medium to provide sunlight in rainy weather and in a greenhouse. These lights have the longest warm-up period compared to all other lights.
- In paper and phosphoric films.
RLF sodium fittings for lights and lamps have a long lifespan of about 24,000 hours. They are also fairly cheap compared to the metal halides. Another advantage of using sodium fitting lights is that there are no chances of coming in direct contact with infrared, UV, or mercury which can be very harmful to both humans and animals. This makes the RLF sodium fitting lights very safe and popular and they can be purchased for daily use without any worry. The colour of the light emitted by sodium fitting lights is a warm yellow. These are generally ordered in bulk. There are two categories of sodium fitting lights:
- High-Pressure Sodium Light: They operate at high internal pressure. The glow is yellow with white and light blue emissions.
- Low-Pressure Sodium Light: They operate at low internal pressure. The glow is reddish-pink during the start and then becomes virtually monochromatic.
Some of the applications of RLF sodium fitting lights and lamps are:
- For street lights.
- The 150w –dusk-to-dawn photo control light is used in wet conditions. It has precision die-cast aluminum as an added feature for safety.
- Lightning solutions for a wide range of applications for daily use in homes and businesses.