Rated Current (A)
Breaking Capacity (kA)
Rated Residual Current (mA)
Horse Power (HP)
No. of Poles
No. of Way
No. of Phases
Siemens Metals and Plastic PVC Boxes
• Siemens’ long standing experience with state of the art innovations is helping pioneer a better tomorrow and creating a sustainable future for customers, families, society and for every individual. Currently in global demand, Siemens is growing really fast to become more efficient, sustainable and secure. It has successfully managed to become a global workhouse and establish itself in the line of world’s best electronic brands.
• Siemens’ range of metal and plastic PVC boxes aims to strive at offering the best quality products that are sure to surpass your expectations and meet your electric requirements and needs according to your personal customisations.
• The most beneficial characteristic of Siemens’ is that it is very environmental friendly and oriented and safe. Siemens has emerged as a leading brand in providing technological solutions and has become an eminent brand solution to most electrical problems and issues.
• Siemens’ Delta vega metal and plastic PVC boxes fitted with earth terminals are preferred for their durability, pliability and longevity.
Siemens’ color variety:
• Snow white
And before moving on to its advantages,
let us get you acquainted with the normal working and categories of these electrical boxes!
What are Electrical boxes?
• Acting the purpose of transition ends for electrical cables, Electrical boxes are the go-getters of refurbished products and electrical mends. The items that are installed in metal boxes are outlets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, light switches and transition wires.
• Metal boxes are extra strong, fire retardant and incapable of melting which makes them stand out from other material boxes. They also offer high security and safety for all electrical applications.
• With a wide variety in size, shapes and attachment combinations with electrical boxes, there are two major broad types- metal boxes and plastic boxes. Based on types of preference, economy and ease; choosing between plastic and metal boxes is actually a personal choice.
• With respect to grounding, it is usually a stress-free selection between the both and the selection is clear cut and obvious mostly.
• People who like to modernize look usually choose plastic electrical boxes over metal boxes and they can be difficult to deal with as the knockouts in metal boxes entail supplementary clamps, whereas electricians who are procedural and practical are likely to prefer either of them.
• Plastic boxes can dissolve and easily distend under enough threshold strain and pressure. While plastic electrical boxes have been recently familiarized in the market, metal boxes have been in usage since an extensive time period.
• Plastic boxes are so fragile that even on light beating the box the incorrect way, can turn it out of shape in no time whereas metal boxes are impossible to crush or twist since they can handle the stress comparatively well. This is a benefit that metal boxes have over plastic boxes.
How are Plastic electrical boxes different?
• Plastic boxes are inexpensive and low priced because of the built in clamps for the wires. They are agile, reasonable, viable and suitable and stress free to use.
• Plastic boxes in contrast to metal boxes are made of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and are attaining prominent standards particularly for people who like to be ground-breaking when it comes to picking electrical goods for the homes or workplaces.
• They can very easily liquefy on warming at adequate temperature.
When should one use plastic boxes?
• The usage of metal sheathed wiring with plastic boxes is not at all wise since if essential grounding measures aren’t taken it can be exceedingly hazardous.
• Trying out NM cables is not suitable in the case of plastic boxes. The chief concern is that there should be grounded applications.
• Altered boxes can also be favored since they have wings and can be effortlessly attached to the drywall.
When should one use Metal boxes?
• Metal channel totally rests on on the interaction it forms from its metal sheathing to the box to complete grounding. It is logical to use a metal electrical box when metal sheathed cable or an armored BX cable or a metal conduit is placed through and out of the box.
• Metal boxes can also be chosen with NM wiring or Romex bestowing to one’s needs, keeping appropriate defensive actions in notice to be guaranteed of apt grounding and to evade dangers. NM wiring helps in attaching the grounding wire to the core bow with the help of a screw.
• Metal boxes confirm to grasp maximum heights of holding power. If the foremost issue is about the stud attachment, using a metal box is always ideal since metal boxes are robust and they deliver a hard-wearing attachment to the stud.
• Metal conduit is required because the wires are unprotected and the procedural fitting includes linking the exposed box directly to a masonry wall. Unoriginally these boxes are sunken in wall but incomplete basements need to be addressed since they lack a full wall system which fundamentally permits the box to be surrounded via the drywall.
• Certain boxes also own pre-attached clamps for decent gripping of the cable while additional boxes may drive up the over-all charge because they come with distinct clamps. Metal boxes are sure to never crease or bend, owing to their great pressure mechanisms and sturdier labor material.
• Merely those metal boxes should be chosen that have interior bare applications.
Siemens’ wide eco-friendly series of metal and plastic PVC boxes have established to be the most steadfast and trustworthy range of products. They have always met purchaser’s prospects and have gained a lot of faith and confidence in this business and electrical market.
Functioning in production worldwide Siemens allocates smart grid solutions to numerous kinds of complications. Siemens has been synonymous with world-wide existence since more than 170 years. It is the most trustworthy brand amongst folks.