L&T Switchgear 12 way VTPN DB for FP MCB/ Isolator/ RCCB/ RCBO Double Door Metal IP43 8 + 36M DBVTM012DD₹12,520 inc. GST
L&T Switchgear 16 A, 3 Pin Industrial Plastic Insulated Plug & Socket P+N+E for 2 Pole DP MCB DBPPS316SD₹1,890 inc. GST
L&T Switchgear 16 way VTPN DB for FP MCB/ Isolator/ RCCB/ RCBO Double Door Metal IP43 8 + 48M DBVTM016DD₹15,074 inc. GST
L&T Switchgear 32 A, 3 Pin Industrial Plastic Insulated Plug & Socket P+N+E for 4 Pole FP MCB DBPPS332SD₹2,041 inc. GST
L&T Switchgear 32 A, 5 Pin Industrial Plastic Insulated Plug & Socket 3P+N+E for 8 Pole MCB DBPPS532SD₹3,709 inc. GST
Why buy Distribution Boards?
What are Distribution boards?
They are the most important component in the infrastructure of any building/apartment complex/house. Distribution board is what it means; it distributes the electricity in a building.
It is an assemblage of one or more fuses and circuit breakers, which distribute electricity to final circuits or other distribution boards. To ensure the optimal performance of every device, it is necessary to maintain a proper power distribution as well as for home and appliance safety, distribution boards are imperative.
There are broadly two categories of Distribution Boards-
Single Door Boards– these are used for daily purposes and come in 4-way, 8-way, and 16-way configurations.
Double Door Boards- these are heftier and are mostly used in industries and have more number of connections than the former.
- Circuit Breaker- its main function is to split the total amount of electrical power and supply it to a number of mini circuit breakers. There are two kinds that are used
- Mini Breakers- each of these circuit breakers are connected to an individual power outlet in the building.
- Bypass Equipment- protects the connections within the DB from common problems like short-circuiting, power overloads, etc.
- Residual current detector- protects against fire and ground fault shock.
- Fuse links- for over-current protection
- Bus bar- to ground and conduct electricity.
- There are two kinds of bus bars: 1)neutral bus bars 2)grounding bus bars
This is a diagrammatic representation of the working of a single phase distribution board. The main power supply line passes through the energy meter and then enters the board. Inside the board, both the live wire and the neutral wire pass through a double-pole MCB and then it enters the residual current detector (RCD). The main line then passes through the numbered single-pole MCBs which is connected to the various sub-circuits. The neutral wire passes through the RCD and connects to the various sub-circuits.
Types of Distribution Boards:-
The different kind of distribution boards are as follows-
- Fuse box- it is used in facilities where all electricity is controlled and distributed. They contain three components: main switch, circuit breakers and residual current device.
- Main Breaker Panel- A commonly used distribution board; main breaker panels protect the circuits and keep an eye on the panel’s amperage capacity. The
y protect the circuits from getting overheated, with a breaker connected by 3 wires along each circuit. Incidentally, given its function, the main breaker panel can cut power to the house including the circuit breakers.
- Main Lug Panel: Main lug units are mainly used as a distribution board when there appears to be the main breaker upstream. Line wires go into these lugs, where the main lug panel can be used as a sub-panel when it is connected to a breaker from the main panel. In the event of an emergency, the disconnection at the meter can cut power without it entering the house.
- Subpanels- Subpanels are easy to install, safer and efficient for homes. They are smaller and help in distributing power to a specific part of your home or area in the property. Sub panels get their power from the main panel and are free to adjust the electricity distribution around the area or property. They don’t have disconnects anyway.
- Transfer Switches- A transfer switch shifts load between two electrical sources. Often described as a type of subpanel, transfer switches are best for backup power generators wherein they convert generator power to electrical power via the breaker panel.
There are essentially two types of transfer switches – Manual Transfer Switches and Automatic Transfer Switches.
Below mentioned are some of the types of distribution boards used in industries:
- Motor Control Centers (MCCs)
- User-Friendly Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Operator Panels
- Industrial Hydraulic Control Panels
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Panels
PLC panels Industrial Hydraulic Control Panels
Safety tips for Distribution Boards:-
- A distribution board must never be placed anywhere near a water source.
- Ensure that the wires do not hang outside the board.
- Do not place the board 2200mm above the ground.
- Make sure to use a board specific to your requirements and the connections must not exceed the limited configurations on the board.
L&T Switchgear 12 Way SPN DB IP 30 – Single Door
Legrand Ekinox 12 way SPN DB Double Door
Schneider Electric Acti 9 12 Way SPN DB Double Door
Schneider Electric Acti 9 – SPN DB – single door – IP30 – 12 ways