Siemens Sentron MCCB 25kA Description
Features and Details:
- Icu = 25kA | 415 V AC | 50 Hz MCCB
- Fixed Overload & Fixed Short Circuit Settings for line protection
- Thermal Magnetic and microprocessor based trip unit
- Switch disconnector for complete range
- Special purposed trip unit for motor & generator protection
- Under voltage & shunt release with multiple voltage settings
Moulded case circuit breaker
It is a specific type of device, A circuit breaker which is mainly use to protect short-circuit. If there will be an overload or any kind of excess in capabilities the MCCB helps to balance it by adjusting the flow of power. It can convert the power from low to high and high to low as per the requirements..
The MCCB generally installed in the secondary side of the transformers or we can see it as main switch sometimes. But in industries we use it as switchgear for protecting the motors. It also plays a crucial role in ship building. And for building it can be used as main protection switch.
There is a thermal element for overcurrent and magnetic element for short-circuit release.
APPLICATIONS OF MCCB:
The MCCB is used for a wide range of voltages and frequencies.
The main areas where MCCB is used are:
* Switching a circuit on and off:when there is any fault in the circuit the MCCBs are used to on and off the circuits..
* Protection against electrical faults :MCCBs protects the circuit from any kind of faults
* Protection against overload :it helps to balance the current in circuits by adjusting the powers from low to high and high to low.
The MCCBs has wide application fields that can be categorized as:
1- Capacitor bank protection :it is very important component of the industrial and commercial systems as it helps to reduce line current and prevent huge electric utility.
2-Main electric feeder protection :the electric feeder supplies very high current in a large amount and it can be increased in future, so the MCCBs must be needed for this kind of power supply.
3-Generator protection : Due to the high expenses of the gen-set the MCCBs provide more reliable protection in the application.
4- Welding application : sometimes due to high use of current MCCBs are also required.
The MCCBs are not only for high current but also provide low current so they are used for adjusting the supplies of current both for low to high and high to low..
CONCLUSION - Moulded case circuit breakers are a fundamental component of electrical protection for high current application or whenever adjustable trip settings are required. Adequate sizing and maintenance of MCCB’s are key elements in order to guarantee safe and reliable operation in the long term.