Polycab 4sq.mm 2 Core Copper Conductor Armoured LT Cable
Polycab Armoured Cables & Wires Promo Video
All the advanced electrical configurations have armoured cable configurations because armoured cables are known to be the strongest type of cables. They are commonly known as SWA or Steel Wire Armoured cables. (“BRAND NAME”) Armoured cables are designed for the supply of the main electricity because of its hard-wearing power. Armoured cables are the power and auxiliary control cable. It is used for grounding, cable networks, earthing, outdoor and indoor applications, and cable ducting.
(“BRAND NAME”) Armoured cables are used widely in submarine communications cable to give protection against the damage made by fishing vessels and any wildlife occurrences. Besides that, armoured cables are used for both residential and industrial purposes. Since armoured cables are waterproof, they can be installed outdoors like in gardens and pools. Armoured cables are also used for earthing. Modern armoured cables are fibre optic rather than copper cores.
The typical construction or structure of an armoured cable is:
- Conductor- consists of plain stranded copper that indicates the degree of flexibility in the cables.
- Insulation- Insulation in cables ensures that conductors and other metal substances in the cable do not come in contact with each other.
- Bedding- bedding is used to provide an extra protective boundary between the inner and outer layers of the cable.
- Armour- armour that is the outer layer provides mechanical protection from a harsh environment, which means the cable can withstand higher stresses and can be buried directly as it can be used in external or underground projects.
- Sheath- sheath holds all components of the cable together and provides additional protection from external stresses or any damages.
The reason why (“BRAND NAME”) armoured cables are most used rather than unarmoured cables is because of its ability to handle harsh and difficult situations. Armoured cables have both aluminium and copper conductors. Their cores are either 3, 4, 5, or 7. These different cores are used in different situations of high or low voltage transmissions. The other advantages of using armoured cables are that these types of cables are temperature resistant, have advanced mechanical properties that protect the cable in a harsh environment.
Hence the (“BRAND NAME”) armoured cables are used widely for residential and industrial purposes both. Armoured cables are designed to have mechanical protection and that is the reason why it is often used. Armoured cables reduce the risk of any damage happening from pinched wires. The steel in the (“BRAND NAME”) armoured cable configuration protects it and makes the cable suitable for extremely difficult environments.